The ASCO International Music Competition (hereinafter referred to as “the competition”) is organized by ASCO International Music Development Centre (hereinafter referred to as “the organizer”). The following are the Competition Rules & Important Notes of the competition:
1. The competition is open to contestants of all nationalities.
2. Contestants can apply for more than one competition group.
3. All application fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
4. Incomplete or unsubmitted entry form and application without successful payment of application fees are deemed invalid.
5. The contestants will be judged based solely on the submitted recordings by a panel of independent international adjudicators.
6. Video recordings must be performed by the contestants. Video or audio editing is absolutely forbidden. To ensure that poor recording quality does not interfere with the adjudicators’ ability to review the material, avoid distortion and unwanted noise from background.
7. Videos should be recorded no more than 6 months before the date of your submission.
8. Videos must be original and never be released publicly, including, but not limited to social media, open competitions and public performances.
9. Video recording should be uploaded to the link embedded in the acknowledgement email after submission of application form. Should the contestant fail to submit the video recording before the deadline, their application for the competition shall be deemed ineffective and application fees will not be refunded. Submitted video cannot be changed or replaced.
10. Contestants should submit only one video file for each competition group. Contestants may, however, submit the same video recording for other competition group(s).
11. Please ensure the information submitted is accurate. Any change to the information submitted in the entry form will incur an administration fee of HK$100 and such change can only be made once.
12. By submitting the entry form, the applicants and their parents / guardians agree with all the stated rules and regulations.
13. If the piece performed in the video does not match with the choice of piece submitted in the application, the contestant may be disqualified without notice. No score or award will be granted.
14. Contestants who are not performing from memory must use original scores during performance. Otherwise, they will be disqualified.
15. All pieces should be played without repeats, except for D.C. or D.S.
16. Should the performance exceeds the specified time limit, the contestant may be disqualified without notice. The duration of the performed piece excludes going onto or leaving the stage.
17. The adjudicators reserve the right to declare no winner in any group, as they deem appropriate.
18. Decisions made by the adjudicators are final and should not be disputed in any case.
19. Award winners of the competition will be announced at the organizer’s official website on the date specified in our Timetable. Each contestant will also receive an email on their results of the competition, including a written feedback on performance from all adjudicators. Video recording(s) of the champion and 1st runner-up with 90 marks or above from each group will subsequently be posted on the official website and uploaded to the organizer’s YouTube channel. Certificate, medal and cash voucher (if any) will be delivered to the contestant’s mailing address by local or international courier within 3 months after the result is announced.
20. Winner of Audience Award will be announced at the organizer’s official website on the date specified in our Timetable. The winner will also receive an email notification. Certificate and cash voucher will be delivered to the winner’s mailing address by local or international courier within 3 months after the result is announced.
21. The organizer has the rights to disqualify any contestant who violates any of the stated rules and regulations.
22. All personal data collected is for the purpose of the competition and will be kept confidential. The organizer reserves the rights to use the personal data for the purposes of promoting musical activities and their related matters, including, but not limited to journals, press releases and websites.
23. By registering for the competition and submitting the video recordings to the organizer, the contestant grants the organizer their irrevocable, non-exclusive permission, binding in perpetuity and worldwide and without quantitative restrictions, to use the copyright and related rights to the recordings submitted by the contestant, for the purposes of promoting the competition and/or related activities. Contestants automatically disown the right to any financial remuneration or benefit arising from eventual publication and distribution of music video recordings on CD/ DVD publications, Internet and music/video streaming platforms (e.g. Youtube, Spotify).
24. The organizer reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations of the competition, and the final decision rights for any controversial issues.
25. Teaching Excellence Award will be granted to the instructor or teacher of top 3 prize winners for each competition group.
26. Teaching Achievement Award will be granted to the instructor or teacher who has recommended 10 or more students to participate in the competition.
27. All prize including cash vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions of respective service providers. The competition shall not be liable to you in relation to the use or redemption of any cash voucher and is not responsible for any act or omission of any service providers in connection with the use or redemption of any cash vouchers.
28. Rewards may be granted to partner(s) who has/have recommended students to participate in the competition.
29. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the organizer, directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, and contractors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by a third party, relating to or arising from: (a) any content you submit, post, transmit, or otherwise make available through the competition; (b) any violation by you of the competition rules; (c) any action taken by the competition as part of its investigation of a suspected violation of the Competition Rules or as a result of its finding or decision that a violation of the Competition Rules has occurred; or (d) your violation of any rights of another. You agree to comply with the Competition Rules and to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the competition from and against any and all claims and demands arising from usage of tangible and intangible assets (including, but not limited to, equipment, music/video content, studio) to prepare your submission, whether or not such usage is expressly authorized by you.
30. If there is any inconsistency between the English version and Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.